Pros and Cons of shipping your furniture to the UK Vs furniture rental
If you have been given the opportunity to move to the UK for work, then one of the first things that you will need to consider is how you practically arrange this for you and your family.
There is no one straight answer to this as every situation is different. However, we thought that it may be helpful to compile a list of Pros and Cons on the practical side of relocating abroad.
One option is to ship all your existing furniture over to the UK.
Here’s our thoughts on the Pros and Cons
- It’s a great way to feel comfortable and settled with familiar things around you.
- You won’t need to purchase new items.
- It’s costly.
- It can take many weeks to arrive, often experiencing delays, particularly in a time when we are experiencing strikes.
- If your reason to move is temporary, then you may need to do the process again in a few months to move back.
- Your existing furniture may not fit into your UK home.
The other option is to rent furniture for your new UK home.
Here’s the Pros and Cons:
- There is no need wait weeks for it to arrive. Rented furniture can be delivered as quickly as within 24 hours of ordering and delivered before your arrival.
- You can select items suited to the size of your new home.
- You can choose the length of your contract, so once you are settled you can still arrange your own furniture to be shipped at a time less stressful for all of you. Or choose to purchase your own furniture at your own pace.
- It’s a great option if you’re not sure if the move is permanent.
- Once your order is placed you will receive just one furniture delivery as opposed to several if you were to purchase your furniture items.
- You can rent far more than just furniture, we offer; bed linens, electrical items, rugs etc… everything to make you feel at home, instantly.
- If your relocation home is temporary, when the time comes to move again we will collect all rented items in one delivery. No need to sell items and you can have your property furnished right up to departure.
- It’s not your own furniture, and at some point, you will need to decide to either ship or sell your existing furniture.
Hopefully this helps highlight the Pros and Cons for each option. Whatever you decide it’s a big decision to make, so if you need any further guidance or assistance, we will be happy to help. You can find much of the information that you need on pricing and contract periods on our website, and you can get to that by clicking here.
Alternatively email at email@example.com and our team of customer service advisors will be happy to answer any questions that you may have.