Warehouse Operative, Installer and Delivery Driver (competitive salary depending on experience) is required to join our team (37.5 hours per week with overtime available).
This is an important role for the business which ensures that furniture is delivered safely and installed in a variety of property type. We are looking for someone who will have the responsibility of maintaining our reputation for excellent customer service, by offering outstanding service in the delivery of customer’s goods. You must be willing to go the extra mile in everything you do, from loading your vehicle to dealing with customer queries.
Key tasks and responsibilities of the successful Warehouse Operative, Installer and Delivery Driver include:-
- Preparation and checking of outbound customer orders
- General warehouse housekeeping and waste management in accordance to procedures, maintaining a safe working environment at all times
- Safekeeping and maintenance of equipment, tools, spares, consumables, kit or other company property
- Continually assessing stock on-hand for quality and suitability of use
- Assist with regularly checking stock and maintaining accurate stock records
- Use the forklift as required (if qualified)
- Handle furniture and stock with the utmost care at all times
- Take responsibility for the delivery and collection of furniture and accessories
- Assist with loading and unloading the van, ensuring that items are not damaged
- Liaise with clients regarding property set up
- Prepare properties as part of the delivery, laying out the kitchen pack, preparing bed linens etc.
- Deal with any client issues relating to deliveries and notifying the office of any issues.
The successful Warehouse Operative and Delivery Driver must:
- Hold a valid UK driving license – for 24 months minimum, with no penalties (previous experience of driving commercially is preferable but not essential)
- Be able to start early/return late and accommodate occasional overnight stays
- Have handyman skills – have experience of power and unpowered tools
- Be well mannered, mature with a ‘can-do’ attitude to work
- Be able to work under their own initiative and as part of a team. This role requires a good level of physical fitness due to the amount of lifting involved. So the applicant must be fit and able to maintain their physical fitness and be able to deliver excellent customer service at all times. In return, the Warehouse Operative and Delivery Driver will have the opportunity to grow and develop their overall skills within a small but busy team. If you are interested in this role and feel you meet the requirements above, please apply today by calling us on 01480 456368 or emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org